Great Hearts: Senior Director of Professional Development
Great Hearts invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Senior Director of Professional Development.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Senior Director of Professional Development will lead a team that develops and supports an ecosystem of professional development as a part of the overall People Team strategy to attract, support, and develop world class talent at Great Hearts.
The office of Great Hearts Professional Development (PD) must develop a system of support that creates a pathway for development and excellence. The office of PD also partners with the national program and academies teams to evaluate and articulate pedagogical principles and to evaluate and retain excellent people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Great Hearts strategy for the development and retention of its people
- Cultivate and supervise a team of division leaders (e.g. digital resources; career pathways; leadership, faculty, and staff PD programs, etc.)
- Partner with other Great Hearts leaders to articulate what excellence looks like across various roles at Great Hearts
- Guide Great Hearts regions in local programs of professional development – including significant assistance to new regions
- Lead annual projects to improve Professional Development aims and other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including provide pedagogical leadership in a particular subject area
Qualities, Competencies, and Strengths
A bachelor’s degree (or higher) is required as well as 4+ years of experience on a classical school leadership team (including Master Teacher).
The desired candidate will also possess these skills:
- Vision and strategy: ability to articulate the Great Hearts vision of education and implement strategy for a complex organization; ability to prioritize goals and tasks
- Heart of service: orientation toward pursuing the good of others in pursuit of the common good
- Internal accountability and results: ability to get things done with excellence and efficiency
- Understanding of complex organizational management: use of interpersonal skills and strategic action to get things done; ability to navigate a multi-faceted organization and stakeholder groups
- Character and integrity: personal commitment to virtue in work and relationships
- Ability to develop talent: a personal ability to develop talent among the team as a model or others
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
From the organization:
Our purpose is to cultivate the minds and hearts of students through the pursuit of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. Great Hearts Academies is the leading provider of classical education in the country. We are dedicated to serving families in the moral and intellectual formation of their children. Please choose your area of interest below.
Want to help the Jack Miller Center transform higher education? Donate today.