Jacksonville State University: Tenure–Track Assistant or Associate Professor of Political Science
The Department of Sociology and Political Science at Jacksonville State University invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Political Science.
This is a full-time, tenure-track position with a primary teaching focus. The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in comparative politics and international relations. The position will also require teaching a section of American government. The development of courses in areas of interest to the candidate is possible. The teaching load is four courses per semester. The successful candidate will engage in mentoring, service, and scholarship. This tenure-track position entails approximately 9 months of full-time service beginning August 2023.
The successful candidate will have a background in international relations and comparative politics. The position is open with regard to region. The department may consider new upper-level courses that engage the candidate’s expertise. A successful candidate will also be able to teach Introduction to American Government to assist in the recruitment of new majors and minors.
Required minimum qualifications:
- PhD in political science, international relations, government, or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered if the degree will be completed by August 2023.
- Experience or potential for teaching a range of undergraduate courses, specifically in the areas of international relations and/or comparative politics.
- Evidence or potential for excellence in teaching.
- Experience or potential for teaching face-to-face, and 100% online courses.
- Evidence or potential of a research agenda.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- a cover letter;
- a current curriculum vitae;
- a statement of research interest;
- a statement of teaching philosophy;
- three letters of recommendation;
- and unofficial transcripts.
The application deadline is February 6, 2023.
From the school:
Founded in 1883, Jacksonville State University (JSU) is a learning-centered university in Jacksonville, Alabama. Its mission is to provide distinctive educational, cultural, and social experiences for its diverse student population. Located in the Appalachian foothills, midway between Birmingham and Atlanta, JSU is home to more than 9,600 students. Referred to as “the friendliest campus in the South,” JSU offers 95 academic programs and concentrations, among undergraduate, graduate, and certificate offerings, including more than 40 online programs.
Want to help the Jack Miller Center transform higher education? Donate today.