Jack Miller Center Communications Coordinator
About the Jack Miller Center:
The Jack Miller Center is a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to promoting education in America’s founding principles and history, an education vital to thoughtful and engaged citizenship. We work to advance the teaching and study of America’s history, its political and economic institutions and the central principles, ideas and issues arising from the American and Western traditions, all of which continue to animate our national life. We support professors and educators through programs, resources, fellowships and more to help them teach our nation’s students.
At the college level, JMC conducts summer institutes for young scholars, national and regional programs for professors, and sponsors courses, events, fellowships, and student activities on campuses. At the K-12 level, JMC works with partner professors and institutions to provide content-based graduate and professional development programs for K-12 teachers in a growing number of regions. JMC also offers an array of resources for educators at all levels that will help them bring American history and founding principles back into the education of young Americans.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Jack Miller Center’s dynamic team and play a key role in our marketing efforts, from strategy to content creation. The Communications Coordinator will provide key administrative support for marketing and communications, as well as projects across the company. The coordinator will assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all marketing and communications strategies. The coordinator will also be asked to assist with copy-writing, copy-editing, design, and social media on various print and digital marketing efforts.
The position is located in Bala Cynwyd, PA, a suburb just outside of Philadelphia. This is an entry/junior level opening that would be ideal for a candidate just launching or early on in his/her career as there is no prior work experience required, but the ideal candidate will be able to grow in the position and assume further marketing and communications responsibilities.
Manager of Marketing and Communications (Marlee Promisel)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write email communications to donors and managing the email platform database
- Assist with copy-writing for various print and web pieces including program updates, historical pieces, and website copy
- Assist with various digital marketing efforts including social media, podcasts, video marketing, and more
- Assist with website maintenance and copy
- Help manage the Jack Miller Center’s communications resources and schedules (Dropbox, Salesforce, MailChimp, etc.)
- Conduct research and reports on marketing trends and performance analytics
- Strong support of the Jack Miller Center’s mission—to reinvigorate education in America’s founding principles and history
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or commensurate experience
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Strong project management skills that demonstrate you can juggle multiple tasks and keep a project moving smoothly from execution to deadline
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferred, but not required:
- Design skills in Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, or Photoshop
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
- Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing software
The Jack Miller Center offers very competitive pay and excellent benefits, including 401k with matching contributions, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and an open, collegial, and hard-working organizational culture.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position, relevant experience, and salary requirements
- One writing sample
- Two professional references
Please include “Communications Coordinator_Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Marlee Promisel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.