Jack Miller Center Administrative Assistant
Are you passionate about the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Founding Fathers? Are you interested in ensuring that the next generation of high school and college students understands America’s founding principles? Do you love assisting others? If so, this opportunity may be just the one for you!
About the Jack Miller Center:
The Jack Miller Center (JMC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to reinvigorating education in America’s founding principles and history. We support professors and educators who share our mission, offering programs, resources, fellowships, and more to help them teach our nation’s college students. We currently have over 1,000 professors in our network who teach on over 300 college campuses. Each year, some 125,000 students take classes with our partner faculty.
Together with our partner professors and other institutions, we also develop innovative programs for high school teachers, helping them develop the rich content they need to introduce founding documents and ideas to secondary school students.
The Jack Miller Center is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant. We are seeking a candidate with experience and with an interest in working for a growing organization. Our ideal candidate will find our organizational growth as an opportunity to help us build upon and enhance what we have created over the past 14 years. We anticipate the responsibilities of this role to evolve with us, so there is potential for role growth, and we are looking for someone who is excited by this opportunity and committed to the hard work to make it happen.
This position will provide essential administrative and clerical support for multiple team members, with the primary focus on providing assistance to our president along with coordinating numerous essential functions that are fundamental to our success. We have a fairly small staff, so we greatly value collegiality and the ability to work independently.
Director of Operations (Jack Guipre)
Bala Cynwyd, PA (this is an on-site position)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for the president, including arranging meetings, phone calls, travel, and travel and expense related forms, updating calendar and drafting emails and memos
- Provide administrative support for other senior staff members as needed
- May assist the Manager of Meetings and Events with conference planning and execution, including possible on-site support for various programs as required. Ability to travel out of state for work for multiple days in a row is desirable but not necessary
Administrative and Financial:
- Manage general office calendar and email account
- Maintain stock of office supplies by taking inventory, ordering, and researching competitive pricing on frequently used items
- Assist staff with typical daily office needs and problems
- Oversee and refine our travel, expense reimbursement, and credit card reconciliation system
- May be responsible for drafting checks and submitting payroll
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all financial matters and files
Chief point of contact for communication with building management and other important vendors.
- On-site contact for business service providers including but not limited to FedEx, USPS, Canon, Verizon, etc.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment and order supplies when needed
- Coordinate repair requests for office space and office equipment
As the first person to greet people coming to our office, this person needs to be engaging and appropriately attired.
- Punctual for work, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Answer main office telephone, screen and direct calls while taking and relaying messages
- Respond to questions and requests for information while also directing people to the most appropriate staff member when necessary
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries as well as manage outgoing mailings
- Prepare conference rooms for daily, weekly and monthly meetings for staff and guests
Key Competencies, Skills and Other Position Requirements:
Commitment to JMC’s mission is important.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and close attention to detail
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
- Write and distribute email, correspondences, letters, faxes
- Familiarity with MacOS and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Salesforce, QuickBooks, ADP Resource, and Concur a HUGE plus
- General working knowledge of office equipment such as computers, printers, phone systems, postage meters, etc.
- Overall positive attitude
- Punctuality and reliability
- Comfortable working in a small, quiet, independent office environment
- Position may occasionally require working alone in the office
- Vehicle is necessary for this position for occasional office errands
As the primary administrative staff person for our organization, the person in this position is expected to be in the office full time, 40 hours per week, 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Working from home will only be possible in emergency conditions when the entire office must be closed.
Salary and Benefits:
Depending on experience and qualifications. The Jack Miller Center offers an excellent benefits package which includes a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, generous paid time off, smart phone reimbursement and group medical, vision, dental and life insurance.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document to our main email account, email@example.com:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in theJMC’s mission, and your salary requirements
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.