Jack Miller Center Academic Programs Officer
About the Jack Miller Center:
The Jack Miller Center is a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to promoting education in America’s founding principles and history, an education vital to thoughtful and engaged citizenship. We work to advance the teaching and study of America’s history, its political and economic institutions, and the central principles, ideas, and issues arising from the American and Western traditions, all of which continue to animate our national life. We support professors and educators through programs, resources, fellowships, and more to help them teach our nation’s students.
About the role:
The academic programs officer is an integral member of the Jack Miller Center’s academic team, responsible for maintaining JMC’s network of academic contacts and administering JMC academic programming.
Work Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, a suburb just outside of Philadelphia. (A remote start may be necessary during lockdown.)
- Design and execute seminars, conferences, and other events that advance JMC’s mission.
- Keep track of funded programs’ activities and academic and professional activities of JMC faculty partners and fellows.
- Create content for JMC’s website and social media accounts showcasing our programs, partner programs, and our fellows’ news.
- Draft and execute grant agreements with JMC partner programs.
- Collect and evaluate grant reports from JMC partner programs.
- Maintain database of JMC programs, awards, events, and academic contacts.
- Supervise academic programs assistant.
- Commitment to the mission of the Jack Miller Center
- 0-2 years of prior experience
- Ph.D., Master’s degree, or equivalent experience within higher education
- Ability to travel (up to 1/4 time)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Collaborative team-player with the ability to successfully engage with colleagues across the organization
- Ability to interact professionally with professors, donors and other individuals involved in our efforts
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work environments
The Jack Miller Center offers an excellent benefits package which includes a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, generous paid time off, smart phone reimbursement, and group medical, vision, dental, and life insurance.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for JMC’s mission, and your salary requirements
- A brief writing sample
Applications should be sent email@example.com and cover letters may be addressed to Thomas Cleveland.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.